Acceptance for carriage of the pregnant women or other persons requiring special assistance, is subject to prior agreement with us. Passengers with some kind of disabilities who informed us about special requirements, when issuing tickets, and these requirements were accepted, will not be subsequently rejected for transport due to their disabilities or special requests.
Unaccompanied minors (UM)
This procedure applies to the transport of children travelling unaccompanied (UM), at the age of 5 to 12 years, and at the request of parent or guardian, it also applies for unaccompanied children over 12 years and not more than 16 years old.
The transport of the unaccompanied minor is possible only on the flights where Air Montenegro is an operating carrier* and does not apply to code-share** flights operated by another company, except in the cases of transport of the children belonging to the "special category of passengers".
Obligations of parent/ guardian whose child travels as an unaccompanied child
- When making a reservation, parents/ guardians are obliged to inform our officers if they want to buy a ticket for an unaccompanied child, as well as to indicate the age of child.
- Reservation of the unaccompanied child's ticket will be issued only if the carriage is approved by Air Montenegro, as well as by other companies participating in the carriage, if any.
- All documents necessary for the travel of unaccompanied child (ticket, passport, visa, certified consent for independent border crossing) are obliged to provide parents/ guardians.
- Children are accepted to flight on the basis of a statement which is obliged to be completed and signed by parents/ guardians. Statement i.e. "UM form" is completed at the airport during check-in. In order for all formalities to be done on time, please come to the airport early and sign up a child for a flight two hours before the scheduled departure.
- Parents/ guardians hand over the child to the authorized officer at the airport and are obliged to stay at the airport until the aircraft in which the child is located departs. Please note that the child must be handed over or accepted only by persons listed in the Statement for Unaccompanied child i.e. UM form.
UM form can be downloaded here .
Transport of children older than 12 years,and not more than 16 years is provided:
- only if assistance is really needed,
- only if parent/guardian asks for it,
- for travelers with limited mobility.
Charge for a child tracking service
The child tracking service per direction is:
- EUR 45 for all destinations of Air Montenegro
Exception: If as an unaccompanied minors (UM) travel brothers/ sisters, the service is charged for only one of them.
Transport of children under the age of 5
Air Montenegro accepts the carriage of a children younger than 5 years (elder than 2 years), but it is compulsory to be accompanied by elderly person. Escort can be parents/ guardians, sisters and brothers older than 16 years, or any other person older than 18 years old, with certified consent.
If the stated conditions are not fulfilled, accepting the child for transportation is possible only with the escort of the Air Montenegro stewardess as a child's escort, whereby the parent/guardian is obliged to purchase the ticket for official escort, according to the valid tariff of the part of travel in which the escort is.
* Operating carrier - a flight operated independently by Air Montenegro.
** Code-share flight/Air Montenegro marketing carrier - flight performed by some other company, Air Montenegro is a charterer of a certain number of seats on that flight.
Children traveling with one parent/ guardian or persons who are not parents/ guardians
Air Montenegro accepts on flight children accompanied by one parent/ guardian with certified consent signed by other parent. Air Montenegro also accepts child accompanied by persons who are neither parents nor guardians (older than 18 years), but with a consent who are obliged to sign both parents/ guardians.
Escort can be sister and brother older than 16 years, with certified consent.
The consent form is not legally prescribed, but must be certified by a notary or competent authority (in Montenegro: Basic Court). As the regulations vary from country to country and depend on citizenship, passengers are obliged to check the travel conditions with diplomatic-consular mission of the country they are travelling to.
Please note that all the above information serves only as guidelines, and travellers are obliged to inform themselves in detail with the competent authority.
General health conditions and MEDIF form
For safety and comfort on Air Montenegro flights, before buying a ticket, it is necessary for the company tobe informed with the type of assistance that the passenger needs.
Official certificate of health of passenger - MEDIF form is required in the case of:
- transportation of the patient, ie the passenger who declared himself as such,regardless of whether he/she is sent by Health Insurance Fund or travels on his own.
- suffers from a disease that is considered contagious,
- as a result of some disease have unusual behavior or physical condition, that may have an effect on comfort or disturbance on the passengers during flight, may be consider as a potential danger to safety, or the required procedure with a passenger can jeopardize the regularity of traffic,
- requires medical attention and / or special equipment during the travel or his condition may deteriorate during the flight.
The Medif form must be legibly filled in, with all required information, certified and signed by the doctor treating the patient or the doctor who is familiar with the patient's health, no later than 48 hours before the scheduled flight.
Incomplete forms will not be considered.
The completed form should be sent to the e-mail [email protected], so the company doctor can give consent for the travel or refuse the transport by plane.
Along with the completed Medif form, it is necessary to submit a signed and scanned "Declaration of indemnity" .
If a passenger needs oxygen during the flight, it is necessary to wait for confirmation from the company that it can be provided on a particular flight. Tickets can only be issued after approval has been obtained.
The above procedure does not apply to the passengers whose only deficiencyis deafness or blindness.
The information provided in the MEDIF form is strictly confidential and their confidentiality is guaranteed.
Medif form can be downloaded here .
* Note: Oxygen on the flight must be provided entirely by the company.
Company may refuse to transport passengers suffering from the following illnesses, or ones thar are in the following state of health:
- decompensate heart disease or suffered myocardial infraction (age 6 weeks),
- patients with pneumothorax,
- patients after cranial surgery ten days after surgery and in case of suspicion of air in the brain chambers.
- psychiatric patients,
- severe cases of middle ear inflammation with the blockade of Eustachian tube,
- all acute infectious disease (scarlet fever, diphtheria, measles and smallpox, open pulmonary tuberculosis, whooping cough, plague, leprosy, glanders, infantile paralysis - first 6 weeks since the onset of the disease, acute encephalitis, rabies, dysentery, yellow fever, typhus, relapsing fever and cholera),
- patients with infectious skin disease,
- patients with mediastinal tumors, very large hernias, ileus, increased brain pressure and skull fracture,
- persons under the influence of alcohol and narcotics,
- recently surgically treated patients,postoperatively unstable.
AIR MONTENEGRO DO NOT HAVE POSSIBILITY TO PROVIDE TRANSPORT OF PASSENGER ON THE STRETCHER.
Transport of passengers with dissabilities
Persons with disabilities, ie passengers in such a state of health, that need special attention or assistance at departure, whileembarking and disembarking from an aircraft or during theflight, are obliged to specify which category of passengers they belong to, when buying a ticket, in order for the appropriate services to be engaged in accordance with the stated needs.
According to the degree of assistance that needs to be provided, there are following categories of passengers:
- WCHR - passengers who need assistance to get to or leave the aircraft, but who are able to climb up or down the stairs, as well as to move on the passenger cabin.
- WCHS - passengers who need a wheelchair to/from aircraft and who need to be transferred up/down the stairs, but are able to move on the passenger cabin.
- WCHC - passengers who need a wheelchair from/to aircraft and need assistance to embark or disembark the aircraft, as well as to move on the passenger cabin.
- BLND - blind passengers - it is necessary to indicate when making reservations if there is an escort of a dog for guiding blind people.
- DEAF - deaf passengers - it is necessary to indicate if there is an escort of a dog when making reservations.
NOTE: Air Montenegro is not able to provide transportation for passengers who need stretchers.
Please note that there is a limit on the number of passengers with disabilities who may be on a flight and it is necessaryfor passenger when making a reservation tospecify what kind of assistance is needed for more comfortable trip.
PASSENGERS WITH OWN WHEELCHAIRS
Wheelchairs are transported free of charge as checked baggage,if the passenger moves with the appliances. Since there are different types of wheelchairs: standard - on manual drive, motorized - on dry batteries or accumulator, the services will, at the reception, check whether the batteries are disconnected, the poles insulated and batteries firmly attached to the wheelchair.
In the case of wheelchairs with wet or lithium batteries, the passenger is obliged to submit the manufacturer's specification to the e-mail [email protected] in order to determine whether the specified type of wheelchair can be accepted for flight.
BATTERY-OPERATED MOBILITY AIDS
When accepting battery-operated mobility aids for transport on the aircraft, it will be ensured that they meet the following requirements:
- The battery is a type that is permitted;
- Battery terminals are protected and electrical circuits are isolated;
- Loading is in a manner that prevents movement and damage from other cargo;
- If applicable, batteries are removed, protected and transported as per specifications applicable to the type of batteries;
- The pilot in command is informed of the location of the mobility aids and/or the batteries.
Travel during pregnancy
Future mothers by the 20th week of pregnancy, in good health and having uncomplicated pregnancy, can travel on the flights of Air Montenegro without medical clearance. If pregnancy has entered the 20th week, travel on our flights will be allowed only with medical clearance which must be issued no more than 7 days before the commencement of travel. The clearance shall confirm:
- that delivery is not expected within period of 4 weeks of the beginning of journey, and that there are no medical disturbances for traveling,
- there are no uncertainties in the continuation of the pregnancy or date of birth, and/or
- no complications are expected during childbirth.
This clearance remains in the Reservation Service.
For uncomplicated pregnancies, transport by plane is possible until the 36th week of single pregnancy and up to the 32nd week in multiple pregnancy.
Travel by air is not recommended 7 days after delivery.
We trust that you understand that these rules are effective for the health of both, pregnant woman and babies.
NEWBORN BABIES ON FLIGHT
Newborn babies can only be transported on our flights seven days after birth, unless they are prematurely born. Prior announcement and medical clearance is required for the travel of premature babies.
Transportation of pets
Only small pets can be transported in the passenger cabin (but not if carried by an unaccompanied minor), such as: dogs, cats, small tame birds or small rodents (rabbit, hamster, guinea pig). Animals from the reptile family are not accepted on Air Montenegro flights.
In order to have animal transported by plane, passenger have to provide a suitable, well ventilated container made of hard material (plastic, fiberglass, wood etc.), with a leak-proof bottom, or a cage with canvass cover for small birds (canary, parrot). The maximum weight of the container and the animal is 8kg, and the container size cannot exceed the hand baggage dimensions, which are 55x40x20 cm. Passengers are allowed to place more than one animal (of the same kind) in the container as long as their weight does not exceed the maximum weight permitted. PETC has to be only hand baggage and is to be placed under the seat in front of passenger. At the security check, passenger are supposed to take the animal out of the container and be screened along with it, while the container will be X-rayed with the other baggage.
Transport of animals in the cabin is charged in a fixed amount, EUR 50 per direction for all destinations of Air Montenegro.
Transport of Animals in the Aircraft Hold (AVIH)
An animal that cannot be transported in the passenger cabin due to its weight /size might be transported in the aircraft hold. It is important to emphasize that the transporter must be large enough for the animal (s) to stand up, turn around and lie down comfortably. Transporters made of fiberglass or hard plastic, which can be locked and cannot be damaged by teeth or claws, is acceptable. Three young animals of the same litter can be placed in the same transporter. Two (2) grown up animals, each weighing less than 14 kg, may be placed in the same transporter if living together.
The maximum dimensions of the transporter are 91x60x66 cm, and the maximum allowed weight including the animal is 50 kg.
AVIH is not free baggage but is charged a fixed amount of EUR 120 per direction, foralldestinations of Air Montenegro.
Transport of pets - required documents
If the passenger plans to travel with his pet (dog, cat or animal from the marten family), it is necessary to provide all the documents required by the law of the country to which the passenger travels. All necessary information may be obtained at the nearest diplomatic and consular representation of each country.
Pet dogs, cats and animals from the marten family, are accepted for transportation provided that they are healthy and fit to travel, which shall be confirmed by the veterinarian’s signature in the petspassport, that they are regularly vaccinated against rabies, they have a microchip or tattooed number implanted. Pets should be treated for intestinal parasites and ticks 24 to 48 hours before travel.
The passport for animals, ie the card issued and certified by the authorized veterinary institution, states:
- date of birth / age, breed, sex and color of fur;
- microchip number / tattooed number, date of microchipping and its location on animal;
- date of rabies vaccination;
- the name of the vaccine manufacturer, the name of the vaccine and the serial number;
- the date when the animal should be revaccinated.
For the transport of dogs by aircraft, it is recommended that the dog should not be fed at least 6 hours before the flight, andshould not be given water 2 hours before takeoff.
Blind, visually impaired and hearing impaired passengers can travel accompanied by a guide dog whichis tied with a guide dog's belt and with a muzzle basket, sitting by its owner’s legs. The transport of guide dogs is free on Air Montenegro’s flights, but its necessary to be announced when booking / purchasing a ticket, but not later than 48 hours before the flight.